PostsreSQL / SQL newbie question

Mark Phillips mark.phillips at mophilly.com
Sat Apr 13 11:57:35 EDT 2013

On Apr 13, 2013, at 8:22 AM, Bob Fiering wrote:

> Both my code and the code that Omnis is generating when creating a Window (display grid based on schema or query class) isn't working.

Bob,

A few questions to (hopefully) help you to tease out the issue...

Can you connect to postgres using the Omnis SQL Browser?

Have you used the pgAdmin tool or similar to verify the contents of the database?

Have you captured the SQL statement created by Omnis, and run it using the query browser in pgAdmin?

pgAdmin has a server monitor tool that will help you see how PG is responding to the requests from Omnis. That might give you a clue.

You might write a method to capture all relevant session and statement state information before and after the $select and $fetch. In particular, check $errorcode and $errortext, and in the statement object check $nativeerrorcode and $nativeerrortext.

hth,

 - Mark Phillips