SQL 2008 Linked Server to df1 file

Jim Creak jim at jacsoft.co.nz
Tue Apr 2 23:57:12 EDT 2013

Hi Ben & all,

I found this message from the end of last year, but there doesn't seem to have been an answer given that was a solution.  I'm running into the same error, but using php and the phpODBC to link to a datafile and getting the same error that you reported:

	Unable to read disk (bad disk)

I find that if I move the datafile onto the local drive and relink the ODBC to that, then it all works as it should, but move it onto the server (Linux box) I get the reported error. I can also confirm that if I attempt to access the data via Excel I have no problems, so a bit of a mystery.

Did you get a solution to this error?

Thanks
Jim

JACSoft Programming Ltd.