Problem using DDE

Trif Ionut itrif at coregain.ro
Tue Dec 13 03:27:16 EST 2011

Hi $all,

we created in VB a function which install in word a pluggin which we use to
comunicate via DDE with Omnis.

We make the conectioction with omnis server in the following mode:

  Using client As DdeClient = New DdeClient("Omnis", "Library")

The problem is that when we try to execute some DDE command works only if
"Library" is the last open library in omnis. And because we use multiple
libraries we have the main "Library" which open several other small library.
Is this a know restriction ? There is a way to avoid this situation ?

TIA,

Ionut Trif