OS5: Where to store the ini-file on Mac?

ADJob mats at adjob.se
Fri Dec 2 08:40:05 EST 2011

Hi,

In the old days we stored the ini/preference file in the Omnis
folder/package. Today it is more or less prohibited by both Apple and
Microsoft to write to the program folder.

So I am seeking for a new home for the ini-file.

On the Mac I thought this path should be great:

Do FileOps.$createdir('HD:Library:Application Support:ADJob) Returns
lv_ERROR

I get the "kFileOpsUnknownError" in return. The folder "Application
Support" has "drwxr-xr-r-x" so it should be OK to create a folder (AFAIK).

Anybody any other suggestions or clues? Where do you store the ini-file?

TIA,

Mats Olsson, ADJob Nordic AB, Sweden