Impact Printer OSX

Juan Bofill bofill at cantv.net
Sat Jan 16 13:43:44 EST 2010

Hi again:

In order to set the printer under 10.4.11 I had to use CUPS via web
since using the OS printer Utility to add a printer did not give the
choice to use EPSON 9-Pi Series CUPS v1.1. Using the Print Utility
insisted it was a postscript generic printer and there was no choice
for the EPSON 9-Pi Series CUPS. The other problem was that the name
of the printer shows as NETEPSON in the Print and Fax Utility and
_192_168_1_137 if you list the printer via the web http://localhost:
631/. Finally it worked using:

do shell script "lp -d _192_168_1_137 PRINTFILE" (thanks Kelly)

Now I need control codes for the printer. Hope they are in the Epson
web site. In particular I need to set the number of lines to 22 so
that the page is 1/3 of the size of a Letter. And then define a file
format a la Xavier. (Thanks Xavier)

Thanks all!

Juan