Registering omdotnet.dll on Windows7 x64

Rudolf Bargholz bargholz at onlinetravel.ch
Sat Jan 9 03:27:54 EST 2010

Hi,

Regarding my previous post "AW: NO: Building a C# EXE for us":

>> Although I must say, we use Omnis Studio 4.3 non-unicode, and I am currently having problems getting the omdotnet.dll registered according to the Studio docs on Windows7 x64 (Windows 2003 server x64 works fine), so I am a little reluctant to use .NET objects in Studio at the moment, unless I can find a workaround. We will be installing a Windows 7 x32 next month, and perhaps this will work better.<<

Need to correct myself here. On Windows7 it seems to be important to type the RegAsm.exe in the correct case, otherwise the DLL will not register correctly. I have now gotten the omdotnet.dll registered successfully on Studio 4.3.0.0 (non-unicode) running on Windows 7 x64. Using "regasm.exe" failed to register the DLL. Also, it is important to open the command prompt with admin rights, but this is documented in the "Extending Omnis" PDF.

Regards

Rudolf Bargholz