AW: Problem with Studio 4.3.0.0 Windows 2003 Terminal Server an Print Spooler

Brian O'Sullivan brian.os at verizon.net
Fri Jan 8 10:55:34 EST 2010

sethpaien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the Omnis telling you that the default printer has changed, you can
> change this behaviour using :
>
> Calculate $root.$prefs.$printernotify as kPrtNoteAuto (or kPrtNoteMsg or
> kPrtNoteNoMsg)
Unfortunately, though, this requires code to execute from a library.
When opening Omnis (dev) without a library under TS, I often get
prompted about the default printer changing, and sometimes our runtime
users still get the prompt because there is sometimes a delay between
the time that the Omnis.exe starts and the library finally loads. Never
seen a delay as long as Rudolf describes, but have definitely seen
similar scenarios on a smaller timescale.  I agree with Andy - would
really like to know why Omnis.exe needs to gather printing-preference
info as the executable starts up, and even more so would like to be able
to tell it to defer that until the first time a user actually prints.