NO: cultural diffs

Fred Brinkman fred.brinkman at euromnis.com
Tue Dec 28 12:19:39 EST 2010

Here in general being eloquent is appreciated... it is nice, and it
creates a certain comfortable distance when necessary...
You really should not take this the wrong way, normally people just
try to be polite towards you...

When you really want to experience polite you should go to Germany...
very polite, very correct, what you can experience in 'informal'
situations, like EurOmnis, is that you have 2 Germans talking the
informal way with you (using first names), even talking informal to
each other as long as you're around (using first names) and switching
back to their formal way (absolutely not using first names) when
you're gone... ;-)

I do the same, when the family is around, everybody speaks 'the formal
way' to the parents (I would never, never call my mother by her first
name f.i.) and 'the informal way' between ourselves... ;-) All a
matter of what you're used to...

Fred Brinkman
www.euromnis.com

Fred Brinkman Consultancy
B-1000 Brussels

Tel. +32-474-83 80 80
Fax +32-2-330 10 31 (on request)
Email fred.brinkman at euromnis.com

Op 28 dec 2010, om 13:10 heeft Olafur Gardarsson het volgende
geschreven: