MySql Import speed(Was mysql version OSX)

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Mon Dec 20 16:00:26 EST 2010

On 12/20/2010 02:22 PM, David Swain wrote:
> I agree that MyISAM is much
> faster to import (or INSERT) into (for many reasons), so taking a
> little time to update that script to make all those tables MyISAM
> tables should pay off big benefits.

One caveat with MyISAM tables is that it only supports table locks vs.
row locks with InnoDB. If you expect that a given table will have a
"significant" number of inserts, you should opt for InnoDB. I think the
benefits of InnoDB outweigh any speed advantage of MyISAM, if such
exists and I've seen benchmarks by credible people to suggest that it
doesn't.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay