MySql Import speed(Was mysql version OSX)

Mike Matthews omnis at lineal.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 13:00:22 EST 2010

Hello Bruno,

Bang on the nail with that answer.  Quite why this error is in the installer, just beats me, but going now.  Now for part 2, always is a part 2 of course.  Sorry, but I know nothing of MySql, just Frontbase.

I want to import a customers current dump file, so I can look and see if I want to use the data and move it to our systems, so a speculative day so far.  The data is a huge 48.0 GB file, yup, quite big.  And it is a single file that came from a Linux box called a BigRedBox.  The company has gone kaput, hence my interest.

The import speed is very slow, how can I get it faster please?

I am using the Workbench GUI to import from a single file, I have turned off the log file by setting log-error=NONE, but painfully slow.  It seems to be making a single DB file again, how can I make it go faster, it will take about 3 days currently.

The throughput according to the Workbench is a poor 60kbs.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Matthews
Managing Director
Lineal Software Solutions Ltd

Past Authorised Apple Reseller,  Omnis Business Partner

Tel: 01271 850 550

Email: mike.matthews at lineal.co.uk

Web: www.lineal.co.uk