emails

Alain Stouder omnis at smartway-software.com
Thu Dec 2 07:58:15 EST 2010

Hi Wendy,

The tailored marketing email to customers usually has hyperlinks with
CGI params hardcoded that are send back to the web server when the
user opens the email.

If you are talking about the marketing report sent after the email
campaign, it could be anything:
- XML data in the message
- link to the web page with data / statistics
- or non structured data in an ocean of icons...

Each marketing provider will organize differently and there would be
no universal format for that, so parsing the email to extract
structured data can be quite complex if you don't produce it yourself
via your website.

Best regards,
Alain