O7 SMTPSend

Kim Sumner tech at corporate-windows.com.au
Wed Apr 29 23:43:49 EDT 2009

Hi Louis
I don't know Citrix at all but this is a winsock error to do with the DNS
record entries.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740668(VS.85).aspx

"WSANO_DATA
11004
Valid name, no data record of requested type.

The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not
have the correct associated data being resolved for. The usual example for
this is a host name-to-address translation attempt (using gethostbyname or
WSAAsyncGetHostByName) which uses the DNS (Domain Name Server). An MX record
is returned but no A record‹indicating the host itself exists, but is not
directly reachable."

You would need to look at how the DNS for the Citrix mail server is
delegated and whether it is reachable (try pinging the IP and the hostname).
The A (Authoritative) record points to the IP of the hostname (eg.
Mydomain.com) and this error suggests it is absent or unreachable (ie. The
IP delegated is incorrect in the DNS).

HTH

Kim Sumner
Corporate Windows Pty Ltd, AUSTRALIA

WebPublisher Studio - Share your data with the World
http://www.webpublisherstudio.com
Omnis Studio Database Server Integration Tools