O7: Datafile Segments

Rob Whitworth rob at rchwhitworth.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 10:46:01 EDT 2009

Hi

I'm having a really bad day with datafile segments.  An application that I've been using for years to create a new datafile from an existing one is doing very strange things.

When the 1st segment of the target datafile becomes full, I do not get an error .  Moreover, the 2nd segment is created automatically and it's size appears to the maximum size of a segment so it just keeps adding segments.  Within a minute, from just having a df1, I have df2, df3 etc. and also, strangely, a df0!

Has anyone else experienced this?

BTW, I've run the same procedure on a different machine with the same results.

TIA

Rob