Working with OMNIS 7 Help

Christoph Schwerdtner omnis at qmed-mail.de
Tue Apr 28 01:58:03 EDT 2009

Hi Rajasekaran,

I am Christoph and new this list too.

I'm using OMNIS 7 a lot, but right now I started seriously with OMNIS
Studio.
In my opinion the very best tool for creating help files is by far
'Help & Manual'. It's not too expensive and I think there's a trial
version which is only limited to some days.
Write your help text once you get any kind of result like Windows HLP
File, HTML-Help, PDF printout, Word, even as a complete web site which
you can publish online (with Apache) including search functions. You
can use pictures and RTF Formatting. You can also generate conditional
text (in a printed manual theres no need for phrases like "...click on
THIS to show SOMETHING...'). I tried other systems before but this
tool ist outstanding.

In OMNIS 7 I implemented a generic help call which starts my HTML-Help
file generated with Help & Manual and the current open window name as
parameter. In the help file i use the window name as internal topic
name so it's easy to cross link without too much work.

Christoph Schwerdtner
____________________________________
Schwerdtner Medizin-Software GmbH
Q-MED Software for Physicians and Hospitals
Office North
Morgensternweg 9, 30419 Hannover, GERMANY
Fon: +49 (0) 511 84921730
Office South:
Waldstr. 11, 67700 Niederkirchen, GERMANY
Fon: +49 (0) 6363 993105
Fax: +49 (0) 6363 993106
http://www.q-med.de
c.schwerdtner at qmed-mail.de