WC: $openinwindow

Grzegorz (Greg) Pasternak grzegorz at niagara.com
Sat Apr 25 05:35:01 EDT 2009

Suppose I want to open remote form either in browser or in omnis
window and want to reuse the same remote form class.

I think the "$openinwindow" attribute cannot be changed inside
$construct of the remote class.

I know I can change "$openwindow" on the remote class prior to doing
$open() method on it, this requires only one remote class .  This
however is not very stable, as I can crash Omnis cycling between
opening it in window and in browser.

I have come up with the solution to use two remote classes, class A
and class B (subclass of class A)
where
A.$openinwindow = kFalse
B.$openinwindow = kTrue

Now the question to those who have some experience with Web Client.
Is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance,
Grzegorz (Greg) Pasternak