NO: What product do I need to buy from Microsoft to make 2008 terminal services work

Ken Dimson kdimson at dimson.com
Fri Apr 24 17:47:59 EDT 2009

Small Business Server does not allow for the addition of Terminal
Services Licenses.

The minimum would be Windows Server Standard with the addition of the
appropriate number of user licenses for Terminal Services.

Windows Server Standard comes with 5 CALS (Client Access Licenses) so
to use as is you would need an addtional 5 TS CALs (Terminal Services
Client Access License) and then you would need to buy one CAL and one
TS CAL for every additional user.

You can then setup users with access to your Studio Applications.

Ken