O$ : how to control a brother label printer .(USB, Windows)

Kelly Burgess kellyb at montana.com
Fri Apr 24 09:07:20 EDT 2009

Hi Rainer,

>what is the best way to control a brother label printer (dl-500,..)
>and print labels.

On WIndows, if you can map a USB printer to a COM_ port, you can use
the built-in Omnis Transmit text to port commands.

I sell a USBTalk external with commands for getting a list of USB
printers, opening a driver, reading and writing to it, and closing
the driver.  It works well when you need to send configuration
sequences ahead of the data.  I only have one USB printer, so the
external hasn't been well-tested with a wide range of devicees, the
Windows version less so than the Mac version.  So when someone's
interested, I first send a demo to be sure it would work in their
environment.

Kelly