O$: Null Fields

Pedro Santos pedro.santos at macwin.pt
Tue Apr 21 12:42:03 EDT 2009

Hi Christine.

A simple solution is to write a procedure that depending on the type of the column would fill up the list or row with zero or empty values right after you issue the SELECT statement.

The only thing you need to worry after this is before you update or insert the values back into the database you need to have another procedure that checks the values and resets them back to null if (and only if) the column allows nulls.

This is the way we deal with them and it works like a charm.

Hth,
Pedro