O$ ALTER TABLE OMNIS SQL

Keith Bartlett keith at adnetltd.co.uk
Tue Apr 21 11:16:42 EDT 2009

Hi

On 21 Apr 2009, at 14:47, sethpaien wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We would like to do an ALTER TABLE using OMNIS SQL DAM connecting to
> a DF1
> File, but without success.
>
> Dealing with Omnis documentation, ALTER TABLE can not do anything
> but ADD
> field at the end of table, and with SQL Browser it's the same
> problem...
>
> Does any one use OMNIS SQL DAM ? and if so, how do you alter table
> when
> needed ? (Change data type, len of a VARCHAR or the name of a field).

We make changes like that to the file itself, then regenerate the
schema from the file definition.

Cheers
Keith

Keith Bartlett
Adnet Ltd - (0)1491 642133
www.adnetltd.co.uk

 This message contains information from Adnet Ltd which may be privileged
 or confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
 disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this mail is
 prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us
 immediately and then delete this mail from your system.