07: Prompted Find only takes single characters

Andrew Pavey andrew at spelean.com.au
Mon Apr 13 19:56:26 EDT 2009

I have a window containing many fields. The first two are subject to
a prompted find. I've been using this window for years and it always
worked fine. Now for some spurious reason I can only enter single
characters in this field during a Prompted Find.  eg If I type "L37"
in the field, "L", then "3" then "7" is displayed and when I hit OK
the find looks for "7" instead of "L37". Surprisingly I can paste
"L37" into the field and it works correctly. The problem seems
related to typing in the field.
Any clues on what might be causing this behaviour?

Cheers, Andrew Pavey

Web pages: http://www.spelean.com.au    email: info at spelean.com.au

Phone: (+61) 2 9966 9800, Fax: (+61) 2 9966 9811
PO Box 645, ARTARMON, NSW, 1570, Australia.