O$: couple questions

Andy Hilton andyh at totallybrilliant.com
Sat Apr 11 12:04:22 EDT 2009

Alan

In my opinion it's not a bug if you are set to use quote marks as your text
delimiter and then have a quote mark inside your data, however unpalatable
that may appear ! Change your text delimiter in whatever is creating the
file to be imported....:)

I have used for many years Kellys most excellent ParseFile external for
doing text manipulations that involve oddball data importing....it has been
a lifesaver on innumerable occasions.....

You are right that the line return is the delimiter used for determining the
'field' being imported so it itself is not imported no....just beware of the
fact that it is easy to receive text files where a line return gets ignored
if it is of the wrong type and then you end up with an unholy mess of text
to deal with where the columns all go wrong and you want to give up and go
home....!! The joys of importing....

Andy