List added to gmane.org

Mark Phillips mark.phillips at mophilly.com
Wed May 28 13:48:48 EDT 2008

On May 28, 2008, at 2:20 AM, Matthias Henze wrote:

> I've added the list to http://gmane.org/

Matthias,

I ask you, and any others so inclined, to refrain from unilateral
actions such as this. We recommend you post a note asking for feedback
from the membership.

The reason is there may be some members who object to their
submissions to the list being publicly archived. Consider the W3C
lists: you cannot post until you indicate whether or not your
submissions will be added to the public archive.

The list admin's, as a group, do not care one way or the other. Each
of us has their own opinion. My personal opinion is in favor of a
public archive. Others may feel differently.

I am going to disable the gmane account for the time being.

If the list membership demonstrates a consensus to allow public
archiving, one of the admins will reactivate the account.

  - Mark Phillips
Omnis List Admin