O$: $makelist not working

Nick Harris nick.harris at exact.be
Tue May 20 10:48:33 EDT 2008

Caroline
Indeed, sounds like these classes are not set to external.  Just to
clarify $ignoreexternal does not work with locked classes.
Depending on what you are creating, there are three strategies...
1. For creating development tools set the $ignoreexternal
2. For creating utilities for the end user, you can set the $external
property of every class (I personally do not like this as it breeds
untidy and unmanageable code.  (You have no idea from which library a
certain class may be called)
3. Open the library as a datafile and read the table #APPLICATIONS
filtering out all non windows classes.  If I needed an enduser to be
able to build a list of windows, this would be the method I would use.
Nick